The Dayton Fire Department hosts several fun events throughout the year. Mark your calendars for upcoming events and plan to attend with your neighbors and friends!
November 30, 2023 6:00-8:00PM 12260 So Diamond Lk Rd.
As part of a new city tradition, the DFD is proud to join the Dayton Police, Public Works and City Staff, in bringing festive cheer to you during the HoliDayton Celebration. Bundle up and bring the whole family out to enjoy the lights, music and a glimpse of Santa, Sparky and the Grinch in a new format as decorated Fire, Police and the BIG trucks of Public Works create a parade of lights from Raintree Plaza down Balsam Lane and onto South Diamond Lake Rd to end at Pineview.
Following the parade, join us at the city hall for a line-up of fun including:
- Tree Lighting Ceremony (6:45pm): Witness the magical moment when the holiday tree comes to life when Santa’s elves share their magical fairy dust to light the holiday tree.
- Santa & Grinch Pictures: Following the Tree lighting ceremony, meet Santa and get a picture on the fire truck! The Dayton Police Department caught the grinch! The Grinch will be taking pictures, but he doesn’t always like being told what to do!
- Food & Sips: The City is serving up holiday treats including mini donuts, hot cocoa, apple cider & smores
- Holiday Hayride: Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride with the family.
- Bonfire: Gather around the fire and enjoy some smores
- Kids Activities: Make magical reindeer food and create your own reindeer antlers
Parking: Please look for parking signs, more details to come closer to event. Parking will be located at Central Park. Please note, South Diamond Lake Rd will be close at 6 p.m. for the light parade, if you plan to attend please arrive before 5:50 p.m.
Oct 6, 2024 11AM-2PM
The DFD celebrates National Fire Prevention Week (NFPW) by holding an Open House at Station 2 (City Hall) to showcase the multi-faceted elements of emergency response in our city. We invite co-responders to join in the fun and education for the whole family. There are interactive displays, live demonstrations, tow trucks, food trucks, bounce house, tours of fire trucks, police cars, Connexus Energy demos, State Trooper, giveaways, North Memorial AirCare helicopter, ambulance, Red Cross and more!
Thank you to Daytona Golf and all who participated in the successful 2023 event!
We appreciate the generosity of our Dayton community and faithful supporter!
Physical Agility Test
Twice a year, the DFD holds a Physical Agility Test at Station 1 (Activity Center). This test is for prospective firefighters. All 7 elements are designed to be relevant fire-fighting maneuvers and passing this test in less than 6 minutes and 30 seconds is the first required step towards joining our department. Taking the test does not constitute a commitment for any participant. Joining us for a physical ability test night is a great way to meet current members of the department and have questions answered. Click HERE for the date of the next PAT.