Cover letters and resumes not accepted in lieu of a City application.
To apply for a Commission, you must be a Dayton, Minnesota resident.
Current Employment and Commissions Opportunities
Police Department Openings
The City of Dayton, MN is seeking applications for one full-time Police Officer. Applicants must be MN POST licensed. Pay range is $31.32-$ 40.20 per hour depending on qualifications. Applicants must pass a complete background check and are preferred to have a minimum of one year experience working as a police officer.
- Cover letter, resume, application and supplemental questionnaire must be received by the Dayton Police Department no later than 12:00 p.m. on June 18, 2021.
- Application materials will be scored and ranked.
- Interviews will be conducted with the top candidates.
- Highest ranking candidates will be contacted for possible second interviews and background investigations will be completed.
- Finalists may be called to an interview with the Chief of Police.
Interested applicants should submit a completed application packet to:
Dayton Police Department Attn: Chief Paul Enga
13700 Zanzibar Lane
Dayton, MN 55327
Fire Department Openings
Paid On-Call Firefighting is a rewarding and valuable way to serve your community. It takes dedication and many hours of training and education, but if you’re willing to put in the time and effort, there is a place in our department for you. Interested candidates should complete and submit an application and mail it to City Hall or email it to Chief Mickelson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.