COVID-19 Information & Resources

August 3, 2021 

With the expiration of Emergency Order 20-81, face coverings are not currently required in City facilities.  Please refer to this page for any future updates on mask requirements.

City Hall is Open to the Public

Though City Hall is open to the public, we encourage the use of electronic resources whenever possible; many available through our website.  Building permits are processed and issued electronically, and information on the process can be found at Permits, Licenses, & Forms | City of Dayton MN

Changes to Police Services

  • If you need to make a police report, please call 911. If the report is one that can be taken over the phone, the officer will do so. If a response is needed the officer will respond to the scene.
  • If you will be leaving town and would like a house check, please use the form at or call the office at 763-427-2017 to set up the house check.
  • If need to obtain a copy of a police report, begin by calling the office to see if report is available and what the cost would be. After speaking to the police department staff, go to , complete the record request form and mail along with check for payment to Dayton Police Department 13700 Zanzibar Lane Dayton, MN  55327, or complete the form and email to and call City Hall at 763-427-4589 and make a credit card payment over the phone.  Once payment and request form are received the report will be emailed if there is no private data included.  Otherwise, it will be returned via USPS.
  • No public fingerprinting will be done until further notice.