Permits, Licenses & Forms
Online Permits Information:
- The City of Dayton has recently implemented an online permitting system which is located HERE.
- This new process will allow for the application and payment of several building permits for residents and contractors.
- Online permit payment option available. Permit number, total fees due, and online payment information will be provided once the permit is approved.
- The permit will be returned via email after payment is received. The City of Dayton also accepts cash and check payments for permit applications.
Not all permits are accepted via the online permitting system, but they can be processed by sending in the application to the email email@example.com. All application material for the application is located at the following website https://cityofdaytonmn.com/resources/permits-licenses-forms/
Contractors Must Be Registered with BS&A
- Contractors must be registered with BS&A and can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your user name and email, and we will link your account or call 763-427-4589. Contractors must have current state license information on file.
Building Plans & Surveys
- All surveys, site plans and building plans must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Please attach the signed and filled out permit application form and materials to the email (or send a link to a cloud sharing platform where the documents can be downloaded).
- In the subject line of the email please indicate the address for the property and the permit type (e.g. 1234 Main st. – New Construction; or 1234 Main st. – Deck Permit).
When will I receive my Permit?
- We will notify you by email or phone when permits are ready for payment and will be issued upon receipt of payment.
- For your convenience, we still accept checks for permits via mail, or by the City’s drop box in front of City Hall. Please indicate the address or permit number either in a cover letter with the check or in the check memo.
- Most permits can be paid for via credit card; however, a $2,000 transaction limit applies, any permits over will need to be paid for by check.
- New construction permits will be required to submit payment by check due to the site escrow requirements. We cannot process bank wires or e-checks.
- You may contact Metro West at (763) 479-1720 to schedule an inspection.
- City staff is available to help residents and contractors with the online process. Staff can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (763) 427-4589.