The City of Dayton is recruiting election judges for the August 9, 2022 Primary Election and November 8, 2022 General Election. The deadline for election judge applications is June 30th, 2022!
Election Judge Duties
- Open and close the polls (6 am to 10 pm or later) We do have shifts available from 6am-2pm or 2pm-close estimated 10pm. Full days are desired but we will take as many judges as possible.
- Take responsibility for all election materials
- Ensure qualified voters are permitted to vote only once
- Distribute ballots
- Help voters requiring assistance
- Maintain order in the voting place throughout the day
- Register new voters at the polling site
- Obtain the results after the polls are closed
- Certify the precinct election results
- Return supplies to Dayton City Hall
- You must be at least 18 years of age, a resident of Minnesota for at least 20 days, and a citizen of the United States. (Student judges must be 16 or 17 years old to be an election judge trainee.)
- You cannot be the husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister of a candidate or be related to another election judge in the same precinct.
- You cannot be a candidate for the election in which you are serving as a judge.
- You cannot be a judge unless you can read, write, and speak the English language understandably.
- Ability to take time off from work to serve. Minnesota law allows you to be absent from work without penalty or loss of wages to serve as an election judge. Employer certifications can be provided to show that you are serving as an election judge
- Election judges are paid $10/hour
- Head judges are paid $12/hour
- Absentee voting judges are paid $10/hour
- If you are interested in being an election judge, please complete both the election judge application along with the election judge survey. You will need to complete Both City of Dayton’s applications even if you signed up to be an election judge at your precinct caucuses or submitted an inquiry through Hennepin County’s website.
Please contact City Clerk Amy Benting at (763) 421-1791. To apply, please complete the application and survey below and return them to: email@example.com