Effective today, March 17, Hennepin County is closing Drop-off Facilities for household hazardous waste and recycling through at least April 6, 2020. We have not taken this decision lightly and understand the hardship this creates for our residents. Residents are encouraged to safely store their household hazardous waste until we are able to accept items again by following these guidelines:
Store products properly
- Store out of the reach of children.
- Store in a dry place. Don’t let products freeze.
- Store away from heat or food sources.
- Store in original container and make sure the original label is intact.
- Do not mix products together.
- Batteries should be placed separately in a clear plastic bag OR place clear tape on both the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of batteries to prevent fires.