Public Works Maintenance Technician
The City of Dayton is accepting applications for a Full-Time Maintenance Technician for the Public Works Department. Applicants must have a clean driving record, possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Minnesota CDL license. Minimum of three years of municipal public works or similar experience required. Experience with municipal sewer and water system operation preferred. The applicant should have:
- Park maintenance experience to include mowing, sports field layout and maintenance, general gardening, irrigation system maintenance and repair.
- Building maintenance: skills to include minor electrical and plumbing, painting, landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Road maintenance: to include asphalt repairs, crack sealing, ditch maintenance, tree trimming, culvert maintenance and replacement, gravel road maintenance.
- Candidates must be able to operate heavy equipment, to include but not limited to back hoe, front end loader, skid steer, tandem truck, experience with road grader would be an advantage. Experience operating a snow plow is essential.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment maintenance, metal working and welding skills preferred.
The City offers a competitive salary based on experience. This position also offers a health benefit package, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Full job description and application forms are here. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a city application.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and City application to the information below or email email@example.com.
City of Dayton
Attn: Martin Farrell, Public Works Director
12260 South Diamond Lake Road
Dayton, MN 55327
The application deadline is Friday, February 12, 2021 at 12:00 noon.